In just a few short weeks, college students from across the country will head to the warm, sunny sands of Panama City Beach for spring break.
Hundreds of Christian college students -- including a significant contingent from Kentucky Baptist Campus Ministries -- will also be in PCB. But rather than partake in the revelry, their beach trip will be devoted to helping their lost friends encounter Jesus. They will be there to serve their fellow collegians through BeachReach 2014.
By performing simple acts of service -- offering free van rides and pancake breakfasts -- Christian college students hope to open doors to Gospel-centered conversations. See students in action in this video.
How can you help?
- Pray for God to raise up students to go.
- Pray for Bill Noe, a former campus missionary from Kentucky who now heads up BeachReach planning for LifeWay Christian Resources.
- Once BeachReach gets underway, you can visit www.beachreachlivepcb.com each night from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.CST to see a live feed of prayer requests. Commit to praying over these requests live each night, Sunday through Thursday.
- Pray during the pancake breakfasts, held each Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CST.
- Commit to praying each day of BeachReach:
- Saturday: Safety of Spring Breakers and BeachReachers
- Sunday: Preparation of the Students who will be sharing Christ all week (evangelism training is at 10:30 am CST)
- Monday: Van Drivers--alertness and debriefing of conversations with students
- Tuesday: Street Teams--as they encounter various physical and spiritual needs throughout the week
- Wednesday: Pancake Breakfast--that significant, gospel-centered conversations will take place
- Thursday: Lost Spring Breakers--that they will have an opportunity to hear the Gospel from a BeachReacher before they leave
- Friday: BeachReachers--that they will continue to passionately share their faith as they return home to their campus